Our organization has been around for more than a decade. We are one of the largest settlement agencies in the city of Edmonton. We work to empower immigrant children, women, and families. By providing relevant and inclusive frontline services, we ensure that the specific needs of immigrant women and families are delivered in an efficient and holistic fashion. We always perform with integrity, transparency, and accountability those we serve. The Board of Directors is the governing body of Alberta Immigrant Women and Children Centre.
To learn more, check out our website: https://aiwcc.ca.
We provide resources and share knowledge to empower women and
families in Alberta. Through community collaborations, we create programs,
promote opportunities, and build connections to support healthy and vibrant
Immigrant women and their families are empowered to overcome barriers
and achieve their full potential.
Alberta Immigrant Women and Children Centre is seeking a passionate and motivated volunteer Director, with a range of skills and/or experience to complement our current Board.We are especially interested in candidates with expertise in areas of public relations, finance and internal auditing, fundraising, community development, communications, marketing, and social media.
• Opportunity to shape the strategic direction and growth of the
organization as well as leaving a lasting impact in the communities
• With your help we can make a real difference in the lives of
immigrant women and children.
• The Board meets monthly.
• Each Director should be available to serve on at least one
• Directors are expected to serve, at least, one 2-year term.
• Provide strategic governance to the organization, ensuring that the
mission, vision, and values are upheld.
• Attend all Board meetings and participate independently and
knowledgeably in all deliberations of the Board.
• Stay informed about committee matters, prepare well for meetings,
review and comment on minutes and reports.
• Contribute to the development of policies to guide the organization
towards its strategic goals.
• Operate with integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the
lives of immigrant women and children.
• Approve the annual budget, audit reports, and review monthly
activities as presented in the bimonthly financial reports.
• Develop collegial working relationships with other Directors and
committee members that contribute to productive and effective
meetings and outcomes.
• Review strategy and contribute to annual operating plans through
• Cultivate relationships with our stakeholders and community partners.
• Participate in AIWCC fundraising and other relevant special events.
• Demonstrated professional, executive or leadership experience and
accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, and the
• Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating
relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building
consensus among diverse individuals.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a letter of interest and resume, highlighting relevant
qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20th, 2023.
We thank all applicants: however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Volunteer
AIWCC supports equal employment opportunities and encourages applicants of diversity. Our policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free, in accordance with the Alberta Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Albertans with Disabilities Act. Please advise us of any accommodation measures you may require during our recruitment and selection process.